Mr. Ackerman's Blog

Let’s Welcome Ms Curran (Gr 5 Special Education)

July 18, 2017 · No Comments

We are excited to welcome Katie Curran, our new Grade 5 Special Education teacher. Katie recently worked as a high school science teacher.

Why did you decide to become a teacher?

I had fantastic teachers growing up and have always loved to share my interest in science with others. I went to college in Maine where I got to help with science day at an elementary school through activities like geocaching and plant dissections. When I was younger, I always enjoyed classroom work most when I could help others. I found explaining math helped me learn and I kept doing it as a tutor in high school, teaching assistant in college, and now as a teacher.

What makes you excited about coming to the Lane School?

I am really excited to meet all of the students, staff, and chickens at the Lane School. I am looking forward to hearing about Project Adventure from all of my fifth graders!

What is your fondest memory when you were in Gr 3-5 as a student?

My favorite memory in fifth grade was reading Tuck Everlasting. We read aloud in small groups and I became engrossed in the story as well as larger questions about life.

Tell us one thing people might be surprised to learn about you?

I grew up right next door in Concord so my favorite ice cream is purple cow chip from Bedford Farms.

Any highlights from the summer so far?

I chaperoned a camping trip in Maine and everyone finished the hike without any falls as the name Tumbledown might suggest !

Categories: interview

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below..