Mr. Ackerman's Blog

Q and A with Ms Salk (new Gr 3 SPED teacher)

August 17, 2016 · No Comments

What makes you excited about coming to Lane?

After working at Davis Elementary School in the past, I am looking forward to working in such a wonderful community. I think what excites me the most about coming to Lane is being able to work in a very supportive and welcoming environment. I am also excited to meet my new students as well as see some familiar faces.

What is your favorite memory from when you were in grades 3-5?

One of my favorite memories from elementary school was when I was in the Fifth grade. I always loved to be in plays when I was younger and I remember auditioning for the school play, which was the Lion King. Although I did not get the part I wanted, I remember how much fun I had to get to dress up as a giraffe and do something I loved with all of my friends.

What made you want to be a teacher?

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to be a teacher. I have always loved working with children whether it was working at a summer camp, babysitting or working in a school. The main reason I wanted to be a teacher was not just because I love working with children but because I love seeing children succeed at school. I think what I love the most about teaching is that not only am I able to help my students reach their goals but how much I learn when working with each one of my students.

Tell us one thing we would be surprised to know about you?

One thing that may surprise some people is that I am a very adventurous person and love trying new experiences. I have gone zip-lining, waterfall repelling and I even went skydiving wearing a Mrs. Incredible costume.

What have you been doing this summer?

This summer I have been spending a lot of time enjoying the warm weather and sitting out on my back porch trying to catch up on my own summer reading list. My dog Tessie has also kept me very busy and I loved taking her on long hikes this summer. I have also been able to spend time with my family and friends as well as doing some traveling before school starts.

Categories: interview

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below..