Mr. Ackerman's Blog

Interview with Jon Mari

August 13, 2015 · No Comments

As some of you may know, our school psychologist, Colleen Farnham, will be out this year on maternity leave. She had a healthy baby girl in July!! We have hired Jon Mari to take her place. Jon will make a wonderful addition to our staff.

Here is a short Q and A with Jon:

Why did you want to become a school psychologist?

Whether it was through early volunteering or tutoring experiences, I have always found it rewarding to help struggling students. It was interesting to discover each individual’s unique experience at school. School psychology has also enabled me to collaborate with other education professionals to hopefully have a positive impact on students.

What excites you about coming to the Lane School?

I am excited to meet and work with the faculty at Lane School. I feel very lucky in joining a great school district. The campus is beautiful and I look forward to learning more about the Bedford community.

What is your fondest memory of when you were in grades 3-5 as a student?

During my fourth grade year, I came in second place at the school spelling bee. The following year, when the competition was again approaching, I began studying word lists daily and even made flash cards for words I had trouble with. It was one of my fondest memories because the motivation and hard work paid off.

Tell us one thing people might be surprised to learn about you?

I love attending exercise classes via CrossFit gyms I learn new things every day and surprise myself at the progress I have made the past three and a half years. It is always fun and engaging. Each day is different and there is always a skill that I need to work or improve on.

Any highlights from the summer so far?

The highlight of this summer has definitely been the process of moving from Florida to the greater Boston area. I am excited for new surroundings and looking forward to creating new experiences in such a great community.

Categories: interview
Tagged:

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below..