Mr. Ackerman's Blog

Q and A Amy Campbell

August 10, 2015 · No Comments

Amy Campbell will be a Grade 4 Classroom Teacher starting this year. She worked as a Special Education teaching assistant and Project Adventure Assistant last year at Lane. Fun Fact….she is a product of the Bedford Public Schools.

Here is a brief Q and A with her:

Why did you want to become a teacher?

Pursuing a career in teaching is something that I have been certain about ever since I was   a little girl. I have always had a thirst for learning and being able to share that with students is something that I am truly passionate about. I love the nature that teaching presents in that it is a never ending, continuous cycle of learning and growth for both teachers and students. I wanted to become a teacher because I want to be a part of making a difference in the life of a child. I want to help them be the creators of their own futures as they learn, discover, take chances, and achieve goals. I want to be able to share these moments with students and inspire them to be the best they can be, just as my former teachers did for me.

What excites you about coming to the Lane School?

This past year I enjoyed working at Lane School and am excited to move into a new role as a fourth grade teacher. I am most excited about working at Lane because of the sense of community and its hard working culture. Lane School feels like one big family in that there is a welcoming and positive atmosphere, making it an environment I look forward to being a part of each day. I am also greatly looking forward to working with a wonderful team of teachers, students, and parents.

What is your fondest memory of when you were in grades 3-5 as a student?

It is difficult to choose just one, however when looking back at my experiences in grades 3-5, the first thing that comes to mind is the incredible teachers I had. I grew up in Bedford, attended Lane School, and had teachers that provided me with learning experiences that have stuck with me my whole life. I especially have fond memories of Project Adventure and creating human mummies during a unit of study on the Ancient Egyptians. Although these may sound silly, I still look back on these moments with nothing but smiles and hope to create these types of memories for my students.

Tell us one thing people might be surprised to learn about you?

One thing that people may be surprised to learn about me is that I have a black belt in Kenpo Karate. Karate was a huge part of my youth and although I am currently not practicing today, I still remember a move or two.

Any highlights from the summer so far?

So far this summer I have been able to enjoy some sun and work at a new program at Bedford Summer Adventures.  I am also looking forward to a trip I have planned to Florida in August.

Categories: interview
Tagged: , , ,

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below..