Mr. Ackerman's Blog

Interview with Ms Herman

July 24, 2014 · No Comments

For our continued series on new staff, here is a short interview with Ms Herman, one of two new grade 4 teachers.

1. What makes you excited about coming to the Lane School?

I’ve been so impressed by far by the faculty I’ve met at Lane. It seems like a dedicated and passionate community that I cannot wait to become a part of. I’m excited to be working in this incredible part of Massachusetts and to learn more about the town and the community.

2. What is your favorite memory from when you were in grade 4 as a kid?

I went to elementary school in New Jersey, and just like in Massachusetts, we spent the year studying national and local geography in social studies. For an end of year project I got to make a sheet cake shaped like New Jersey!
3. What made you want to be a teacher?

I was a kid who always said I wanted to be a teacher growing up. In college I studied education from many different perspectives; I came out of these experiences knowing that my passion lay within the classroom. It’s an amazing profession in that every day is unique. The excitement that comes from working and learning with children is something I value deeply.

4.  Tell us one thing we would be surprised to know about you?
I spent my summer teaching kids to rock climb and taking them on adventure courses!
5.  What have you been reading this summer?
In terms of children’s books I recently read Kate DiCamillo’s book The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane for the first time and love it. In terms of adult literature, I just finished The Marriage Plot by Jeffery Eugenides.

Categories: Uncategorized
Tagged: ,

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below..