Mr. Ackerman's Blog

Our New Guidance Counselor

August 16, 2011 · No Comments

Our new counselor is Jessica Smith, who last year worked at the Middle School.  We are very excited about Ms Smith joining our school.  She was nice enough to answer for a few questions for the public.

Why did you want to become a guidance counselor?

Quite simply,  I really love working with kids.  I have been working as a child therapist since the start of my career in 1993.  Working in a school setting as a counselor allows me to work with kids in the moment while they tackle their struggles and experience success.   I feel like I have the best job on the planet.  I can’t imagine doing anything else.

Why are you excited to come to the Lane School?

Based on my experience working at John Glenn Middle School, I have learned that the Bedford community is a wonderful community to work in.  I  had the opportunity to inter-phase with several of the Lane School teachers as students transitioned to the middle school and found them to be highly professional and always caring and respectful of students and their families.  I look forward to working with such a wonderful staff and community of children and parents.

What is one thing students and parents would be surprised to learn about you?

I love playing Karaoke Revolution on my teenage son’s X-Box…when no one is home of course!  I am actually pretty good,  if I do say so myself.

Categories: Uncategorized
Tagged:

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below..