Mr. Ackerman's Blog

Let’s Welcome Ms. Weinstein

July 20, 2011 · No Comments

Katie Weinstein is our new grade three teacher.  I asked her to answer a few questions to help the community get to know her.

Why are you excited to come to Bedford?
From the moment I walked in the doors at the Lane School, I was warmly welcomed by the students and faculty.  On my first day at the school, I listened to fifth graders enthusiastically talk about their upcoming talent show and the project adventure unit.  I also had the opportunity to meet with teachers who were discussing upcoming units.  Their dedication to create the best learning environment for their students is inspiring.  The happiness and eagerness to learn shared between the students and faculty at Lane makes me excited to become a part of this strong community. I consider myself very fortunate to be teaching in a town where there is so much support and enthusiasm for education.  I am eager to share my ideas and experiences and also learn from everyone I will be working with.

Why did you want to become a teacher?
I have always been interested in teaching. Over the years I have worked in a number of schools and coached many different soccer teams. I always knew I wanted to teach and work with children.  I spent the past year teaching at an independent school in Andover, Massachusetts.  The incredible experience I had at this school confirmed my passion for teaching.  I am excited to come to a new school and share all that I have learned. When I think about the influential people in my life, many of them are teachers that I had growing up.  I will strive to make a positive impact in my students’ lives, just like my teachers did in mine.

What is one thing parents and students would be surprised to learn about you?
If I wasn’t a teacher, I would be a professional eater.  I love trying new foods and will try just about anything!   Also, my parents owned a chocolate factory when I was growing up, which has contributed to my enormous sweet tooth!

Categories: Uncategorized
Tagged: ,

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below..