Mr. Ackerman's Blog

Lets Welcome Ms. Salvucci (Gr 4)

July 11, 2011 · 1 Comment

Recently Mr. Smith transferred from grade 4 to our newly vacated physical education position. Naturally this has created some anxiety for parents since they were excited for their child to be in Mr. Smith’s classroom. Over the last few weeks I have interviewed many applicants to make sure I find an excellent replacement teacher. I am happy to report the outstanding hire we have made in bringing Megan Salvucci to our school.

Last year Ms Salvucci was the Student Owned Strategies (SOS) teacher at John Glenn Middle School for grade 6. Those who have worked with Ms. Salvucci describe her as a “great teacher” and a “very positive and energetic person.” Although the Middle School is disappointed to lose her, they understand her desire to be an upper elementary classroom teacher.

I asked Ms Salvucci a few questions to help you get her to know her better.

Why are you excited to come to Lane School?
“I am overjoyed to be joining the Lane School community. I have been fortunate enough to have spent the last two years working at John Glenn Middle School. From the beginning of my time there it became very apparent to me what a truly remarkable community Bedford is. It is an absolute honor to teach in a district where the best interests of the students are undoubtedly put first.

Teaching is my passion and I couldn’t imagine myself doing anything else. Lane school is a warm environment comprised of enthusiastic students, staff, and parents and I cannot wait to join this group. As a new teacher to the school I want to foster the academic growth of my students in unique and exciting ways right from the start. Equally important to me as promoting academic growth, is developing good character in my students.

I believe my personal philosophies coincide with those of the School. I can say with certainty that Lane School is the perfect fit for me.”

What are your main goals for your grade 4 students?
I am eager to create a classroom climate that fosters individuality, trust, and respect. I want my students to feel comfortable sharing their feelings, thoughts, and questions not only with me but with their peers as well. I will work hard to build a sense of community among my students and highlight the importance of collaboration and teamwork. It is essential that each student know just how much he or she is truly appreciated. It is my goal that each of my students be aware of his/her important role in our classroom.
I will teach lessons that are engaging, educational, and fun. I want to inspire a love of learning in each of my students and plan to do so by keeping lessons fresh, entertaining, and compelling. I want them to understand the purpose of their learning and the notion that it is a never ending process. It is my hope that each student leave my classroom with a multitude of knowledge, educational strategies, and organizational habits that can be implemented throughout their academic careers.

What is one thing Bedford parents and students would be surprised to learn about you?

I absolutely love country music.

Categories: Uncategorized
Tagged: ,

1 response so far ↓

•   kim // Jul 12th 2011 at 7:40 pm

As a parent of a child going into Ms. Salvucci’s fourth grade class, I am THRILLED to hear this news. Our oldest son just finished a great year with Ms. Salvucci at JGMS.