Mr. Ackerman's Blog

“I’m a man of my word”

December 22, 2010 · 17 Comments

We had our annual Holiday Concert yesterday.  The kids were great!!  As promised I wore a tutu to thank the kids for bringing in 1,100 new books for needy children.  Below is a snapshot video of the staff singing “12 Days of Christmas.”  I think you will agree that I could use a few more ballet lessons. I blame it on tight hamstrings :)

ballet2

Categories: Uncategorized
Tagged: ,

17 responses so far ↓

•   Lori M. // Dec 22nd 2010 at 11:37 am

I think you need to do more work on getting up higher on your toes, but other than that, you looked like a true ballerina! Thanks for the laugh! My son enjoyed the show!

•   Jim Felker // Dec 22nd 2010 at 11:49 am

absolutely… awesome!

•   daisy // Dec 22nd 2010 at 11:52 am

this is awesome. good lessons learned, sticking to your word and go big or go home.

•   Raelene // Dec 22nd 2010 at 12:04 pm

Well done! You are a great principal! My kids loved it!

•   MF // Dec 22nd 2010 at 12:17 pm

Priceless!
    Do you think this kind of incentive can be used to raise test scores?!

•   Lorene // Dec 22nd 2010 at 12:28 pm

BRAVO!!! I know everyone enjoyed your performance…I got a sneek peak as I was volunteering at the time :-) You are such a good sport Mr. Ackerman.

•   Mike // Dec 22nd 2010 at 12:33 pm

BRAVERY, …, thy name is Ackerman!

•   Janel Halupowski // Dec 22nd 2010 at 12:55 pm

This is great! The question is… what are you going to promise the kids next year???

•   Dorothy // Dec 22nd 2010 at 1:01 pm

If this principal thing doesn’t work out for you, you have a fallback career as a ballerina. Thanks for the giggle.

•   Sue // Dec 22nd 2010 at 1:26 pm

Dear Mr. Ackerman,
    Thank you for being so willing – to put yourself out there for a good lesson to our kids, and for a great cause. You’ve taught so much more than what can be found in a book. You’ve led by example, and that is priceless!
    PS: Nice tights.

•   Carla // Dec 22nd 2010 at 3:44 pm

Oh, no! Can’t open it! Desperate to see Mr. A’s triumphant debut!

•   Denise // Dec 22nd 2010 at 7:29 pm

You are amazing Mr Ackerman! Thank you for creating such a wonderful memory for our children. They will always remember the day the Principal danced in a tutu in Elementary school, and with such a valuable lesson behind it. We enjoyed the video!!

•   Hillary // Dec 22nd 2010 at 7:34 pm

Nice lesson here: say what you mean and mean what you say. Well done.

•   Paul // Dec 22nd 2010 at 9:28 pm

Bravo!!

The Globe writes “It’s an instant classic”

The Herald calls Mr Ackerman’s perfomance “Uplifting and filled with holiday cheer”

It looks like he is the favorite to win new performer of the year.

•   Liz- Rob's sister // Dec 22nd 2010 at 9:29 pm

Didn’t know you had that in you?

•   Lane Library Lady // Dec 22nd 2010 at 10:03 pm

THANK YOU Mr. Ackerman!!! Well done, and worth the effort (I hope!) for the students having donated 1100 books to worthy charities.

•   Caitlin Dooks // Jan 11th 2011 at 6:10 pm

Wow Mr. A! I wasn’t sure you were going to keep your (incredibly funny) vow. Way to prove me wrong! Thanks for putting it on your blog. Now I can see it! Iwasn’t sure I was going to be able to. That was halarious!!! Next time maybe you should try some jumps! :^)

PS
    I’m soo emailing this to all my friends!!!!!!!